Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software, data management solutions iPoint, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
The Technical Sales Geoscientist will be expected to provide onsite and remote software support, following standard procedures. This will involve working with clients on and offsite. Telephone and email support for other regions will also be required.
The Technical Sales Geoscientist will be required to visit customers and prospects and travel with the Regional Sales Manager or Business Managers to support their sales related activities working as a pre-sales and technical advisor.
The role will suit a passionate, energetic and curious technical self-starter. The demands of the role will require you to work directly with customers mentoring them and bringing them to speed as well as assisting in the application of RokDoc software to their geological challenges. The role requires confidence, honesty and credibility as well as a good team player and can-do attitude.
You’ll be joining the global Customer Care Team function, in a regional office with a strong team of industry experts. As part of the Customer Care Team, you will have access to a global of experts in all aspects of software support, technical sales and training delivery.
- Liaising continuously between the product management team, sales staff, key regional QI/support/training staff and customers to communicate:
- Customer usage patterns and context
- Workflows for optimal usage
- Technical explanations and solutions
- Workarounds and advice
- Product status information
- Responsible for compiling and presenting software demos as needed across the region.
- Participates in planned training programs to ensure personal training objectives are met including the engagement with the services team in projects with customers in order to learn the application of Ikon Science Technology on real project workflows.
- Knowledge of future technology and the software roadmap through access to beta releases.
- Pro-active role in constructing locally relevant case studies and presentations under the guidance and supervision of the Product Managers.
- Act as the primary contact and technical guide for software evaluations within the region.
- Work with the Business Development Manager and the Customer Care Team Manager to develop and execute evaluation success criteria for new modules/clients.
- Recommending ideas for the long-term vision and technological direction for the product based on regional market direction.
- Assisting in generation of locally relevant marketing material related to the product, notably training material (lectures, exercises, videos) and sales collateral material, as coordinated by the Product Managers and Customer Care Team Managers.
- Promoting existing technology and transferring new technology within the region.
- Provide expert end-user help through, and as part of, the regional Ikon Support team.
- Work with Services to transfer new technology internally to the Services teams.
- Actively participating in social media discussions such as LinkedIn
- Liaising with regional Services, Support and Sales staff to gather and process customer feedback on the product (its quality, enhancement requests, etc.).
- Reporting relevant information on competitors to the Product Managers and Software Product Managers.
- Giving high level, impacting technical presentations that lead to software sales.
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop regional show strategies.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of regional shows resources.
- Assist the Product Managers in their roles, as required.
- Experience working with or for Oil and Energy Companies
- Experience in using other geological software applications such as Petrel, Kingdom or OpenWorks, Seisware.
- MSc or higher degree in earth science or physical sciences
- MS Office
- Exposure to programming languages such as Python, MatLab, C# or Java is highly desirable
- Strong first-hand practical and theoretical knowledge of geoscience software
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux platforms in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of Ikon Science software, Geolog & Petrel is advantageous.
- Ability to demo software products to various audiences, from prospects to expert end-users
- Ability to provide training and support to the region’s Services staff and clients, as well as expert end-user support when needed
- Willingness and commitment to work closely with the Customer Care and Global Portfolio Managers to deliver feedback to/from clients in the region regarding both the software and its usage/workflows
- Good communication skills covering:
- Conducting and documenting meetings
- Providing one-to-one explanations orally and in writing
- Preparing and giving presentations, training and videos
- Written documentation
- Willingness to travel, mostly throughout the region with occasional travel on an as-required basis outside of the region
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Appetite for solving problems and providing solutions
- Demonstrates drive
- Proactive approach to work Helping others to achieve