Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software, data management solutions iPoint, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
The Integration engineer is a client facing position tasked with designing and developing the integration scripts and tools built around Ikon Sciences existing product portfolio. The successful candidate will be tasked with working with clients to design, develop and deploy integration and automated processes that ease the flow of data through their applications and databases. Development of bespoke integration tools along with customization and configuration of existing tools will be required to solve our clients data conundrums.
You will be responsible for technical delivery of integration tools and scripts as part of wider ranging digital transformation projects. You will be part of a cross disciplinary team of project managers, solution consultants and subject matter experts tasked with increasing the accessibility and value of our clients sub-surface data. This position will report to the Technical Services Manager.
- Work with clients, Ikon solution consultants and SMEs to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment
- Configure and customize existing software, tools and scripts and/or develop bespoke integration tools as required
- Create and document in-depth specifications of technical designs
- Perform hand-off of completed solutions to client as part of deployment process including providing documentation and training where applicable
- Producing weekly (or as required) reports documenting tasks performed and assessment of upcoming roadmap
- Escalate risks and issues promptly to line management
- Complete and maintain weekly timesheets
- Experience of working with relational databases, APIs and data infrastructure a must
- Experience and proficiency in SQL queries and DDL statements
- Experience with Java a mustStrong familiarity in data exchange languages and formats (XML, JSON etc)
- Familiarity with common IT architectural principles
- Knowledge of common subsurface O&G datatypes a benefit, but not essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills both internally and externally
- Ability to manage and prioritize varied workload potentially on multiple parallel projects
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences or other relevant degree
- Minimum 2 years working with similar data integration systems in field of data integration
- Must have legal right to live and work in the USA