Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software and the Curate knowledge management system, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
Ikon Science is looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our development team based in Surbiton to work on our flagship RokDoc application. The role will involve all aspects of our agile software development lifecycle, responsible for requirements derivation, design and implementation of new software modules. The role will involve close collaboration with geoscience experts and other development teams in Dallas, Durham and Aberdeen.
- Develop clean, high quality, testable code, that meets with requirements aligned to the product roadmap
- Maintain legacy software through bug fixes and usability enhancements
- Test and review your own and others work
- Work within an agile development environment
- 2+ years commercial software development using an Object Oriented language
- Have experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Computer science or numerate degree from a leading university and maths to A Level or equivalent standard.
- Alternatively a geosciences degree with demonstrable software development experience.
- Strong object oriented design and coding skills (preferably in Java, C++).
- Knowledge of unit testing.
- Good understanding of agile software development.
- UX design experience.
- Team player
- Strong problem solver with a dynamic approach.
This role can be based remotely but candidates must be based in the UK and within easy commuting distance of Surbiton