Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software, data management solutions iPoint, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
The Senior Software Developer is an experienced front-end developer who will work on developing our web-based geoscience application suite and data sharing platform that supports our customers’ digital transformation journey.
- Develop clean, high quality, testable front-end code.
- Maintain keen focus on UX
- Work with distributed team
- Involved in all aspects of our agile development lifecycle, including requirement derivation, design and implementing new modules.
- Participate in code reviews and discussions to provide guidance for other team members as a technical mentor
- Experience of developing substantial, complex web applications
- Ideally: deep experience with React and Redux frameworks, though deep experience other advanced view and state management libraries also works (e.g., Vue or Angular, and Mobx or RxJs)
- Good experience with CSS and HTML, comfortable coding UIs that look good and match mockups
- Degree educated with a BSc/BA in Computer Science or similar relevant qualification
- Candidates without degrees but with notable industry experience will also be considered
- Strong understanding of REST principles and consuming REST APIs
- Knowledge of Typescript, Jest and Cypress would also be beneficial
- Knowledge of unit and UI automated testing.
- A geoscientific / numerate background would also be useful to understand the domain but is not essential.
- Strong problem solver with dynamic approach.
- Excellent team player.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological developments
- Motivated to gain knowledge of new domain
This role can be based remotely but candidates must be based in the UK and within easy commuting distance of Surbiton.