Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software, data management solutions iPoint, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
The Support Geoscientist will provide technical support for the RokDoc / iPoint / Curate suite of software products. They will deliver on-site support and technical sales demonstration, as required by the business. The Support Geoscientist will also deliver software training to client and help with the creation and publishing of eLearning content.
- Respond to client emails & answer client phone calls in a timely manner ensuring that actions are identified and managed to successful resolution.
- Assist Business Development Managers (BDMs) with technical questions to support the sales process.
- Assist the Testing Team with quarterly user acceptance testing (UAT) of software release. Ensuring that issues are identified and reported for correction.
- Provide onsite assistance to clients as and when required.
- Delivery of technical presentations to clients in support of the sales teams.
- Assist with software training courses and contribute to the production of eLearning content.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties that might be required from time to time.
- Ensure customers queries are replied to within 72 hours of receipt.
- Ensure client calls on the support line are answered between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm.
- Previous knowledge of, or direct experience of drilling (mud logging/LWD/MWD), seismic acquisition/processing, rock physics, seismic interpretation, seismic inversion, geopressure analysis, petrophysics are all considered relevant/desirable.
- Experience in G&G software support considered desirable.
- Experience with regular RokDoc usage considered desirable.
- Experience with cloud computing considered desirable.
- Degree: BSc & preferably MSc (or PhD) in one of the following disciplines: Geology, Earth Sciences, Geophysics or Physics
- Able to generate new technical material suitable for client distribution.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, including presentation skills.
- Previous regular RokDoc usage would be advantageous.
- Previous regular Petrel usage would be advantageous.
- Ability with Python would be desirable.
- Previous regular Sales Force usage would be advantageous.
- Ability to work in a small local team, yet being part of a large global team.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Responsive to client needs.
Candidates applying for this role must be UK based and within commuting distance of our Surbiton Office.