Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software, data management solutions iPoint, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Accounts Payable and Payroll Officer who will be a key member of our UK finance team, responsible for accounts payable and running UK and US payroll. The successful candidate will ensure the timely processing and payment of the UK payroll and all UK invoices.
- Responsible for coding purchase invoices into NetSuite, and processing payment in line with vendor terms.
- Responsible for coding staff expenses into NetSuite, or checking Expensify inputs if applicable, checking claims comply with Ikon’s expenses policy, and processing payments.
- Capturing VAT / Withholding tax / BIK and accounting for accordingly.
- Ensuring invoices and expenses are processed in line with internal control processes e.g. ensuring valid POs support all invoices, and that invoices/expenses have the necessary approvals.
- Dealing with vendor queries.
Cash & Bank:
- Ensuring cash books fully reconcile to bank statements (GBP, USD) – to ensure NetSuite dashboards show the correct bank balances.
- Adding payables information to the 10-weekly cash flow report and considering timing of expected future payments where invoice not yet received to ensure accuracy of the Group cash position.
- Prepare intercompany journals on Netsuite to settle Group transactions to the appropriate Subsidiary.
- Responsible for UK Payment runs, including accurate upload of ACH transactions from Netsuite, and preparation of Priority Payments and Bank transfers.
- Ensure up-to date protocol is followed with regards all Bank transactions, and all measures taken to prevent any fraudulent attempts in the payment of suppliers.
- Point of contact for all UK payroll queries.
- Working with HR to confirm monthly payroll changes.
- Working with payroll provider to check and verify payroll outputs are correct, and finalise payroll – including pay slips and all reports.
- Assist with non-UK payrolls where appropriate – e.g. Belgium, US, Canada.
- Responsible for all payroll related filings and reporting to HMRC and any other relevant tax jurisdictions/bodies .
- Responsible for loading payroll on the bank.
- Administration of payroll related benefits including Salary Sacrifice Pension, Cycle to work and Childcare vouchers.
- Use expertise to advise on Benefit in Kind related queries, ensure expenses are tax compliant.
- Assisting with other payrolls as required.
- Assistance in completing month end tasks such as journal entries where applicable – salary journal, etc.
- Responsible for keeping full and up to date account working papers where relevant.
- Production of ad hoc financial reports for management.
- Assistance with the year-end audit.
- Responsible for maintaining finance files.
- Previous experience in an accounts payable and payroll function – able to demonstrate:
- ability to work independently in both.
- experience of dealing with HMRC and payroll providers.
- knowledge of payroll reporting requirements.
- Proven technical experience and the ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Advanced excel skills including Vlookup, Pivot Tables and formulas.
- Understands multi-currency. 3+ years’ experience of Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Payroll Technician Certificate or equivalent.
- Strong A level qualifications in Maths and English, or equivalents.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Processing is desirable.
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Teams and Excel.
- Accurate and efficient.
- Timely / appreciates time-dependent process pressures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure.
- Collaborative / Team player / Strong people skills.
- Self-starter / able to work unsupervised.
- Strong communicator. Willing to roll sleeves up and get things done.