Ikon Science is a global provider of geopredictive and knowledge management software and solutions to optimize subsurface discovery and production. For over 20 years, Ikon’s dedicated service-minded teams have applied deep scientific expertise and technology innovation to help customers extract more actionable knowledge from sophisticated subsurface data. Ikon helps customers make the best moves – improving accessibility and accuracy, accelerating results and lowering costs.
With ofﬁces located around the world in including; London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro, Ikon services all major hydrocarbon geographies – delivering global solutions with local service and support. Award winning RokDoc® geopredictive software, Curate knowledge management software, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, and Roknowledge Studies make Ikon the proven partner for subsurface success.
About the role
We are looking for a mid-level Java or C++ developer to join our Software Development team based in Surbiton to work on our flagship RokDoc desktop application.
The role will involve all aspects of our agile software development lifecycle, responsible for requirements derivation, design and implementation of new software modules.
The role will involve close collaboration with geoscience experts and other development teams in Dallas, Durham and Aberdeen.
- Producing clean, efficient code based on requirements.
- Testing implemented functionality.
- Fixing and improving software
- Participate in scrum development meetings, peer code reviews, and provide work that meets the requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years commercial software development experience
- Computer science or numerate degree from a leading university and maths to A Level or equivalent standard.
- Alternatively, a geosciences degree with demonstrable software development experience.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (preferably in Java, C++).
- Good coding skills in Python.
- Knowledge of unit testing.
- Strong problem solver with a dynamic approach.
- Good understanding of agile software development.
- UX design experience.
- Excellent Team player
- Excellent communicator able to express complex technical ideas
This role can be based remotely, but candidates must be based in the UK and be prepared for occasional visits to the Surbiton Office.