Ikon Science is a global provider of geopredictive and knowledge management software and solutions to optimize subsurface discovery and production. For over 20 years, Ikon’s dedicated service-minded teams have applied deep scientific expertise and technology innovation to help customers extract more actionable knowledge from sophisticated subsurface data. Ikon helps customers make the best moves – improving accessibility and accuracy, accelerating results and lowering costs.
With ofﬁces located around the world in including; London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro, Ikon services all major hydrocarbon geographies – delivering global solutions with local service and support. Award winning RokDoc® geopredictive software, Curate knowledge management software, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, and Roknowledge Studies make Ikon the proven partner for subsurface success.
About the role
The Geoscientist - Wellbore is a member of our technical team and will be based in Kuala Lumpur. The Geoscientist – Wellbore shall work on a range of projects at field and regional levels for new frontier, exploration, development, and production of hydrocarbon plays, focused on interpretation and analysis of pressure/stress mechanisms controlling reservoir behaviour and wellbore stability.
The Geoscientist will also provide technical input, complete and present final results, provide external training, and assist with software-based support on quantitative geomechanical and geopressure projects and software-related inquiries from customers.
- The Geoscientist - Wellbore will be responsible for ensuring that policies and associated requirements are complied with, within their area of responsibility and operation.
- Carry out the components of a 1D geomechanical workflow, including data QC, combination of core and log data for property and strength analysis, stress characterization in combinations with borehole stability calculation.
- Perform prospect to regional scale geopressure studies, utilizing advanced pore pressure prediction methods such as inclusion of Vs data, Bowers unloading, MSE, etc.
- Assist with project kick off, milestone and close out presentations.
- Create project deliverables, including interim and final reports.
- Presentation of Ikon’s geomechanics and geopressure solutions at client sites or industry technical symposiums.
- Conduct internal and external training courses.
- Provide internal feedback for continuous software improvement.
- Actively promote and sell Ikon’s services and software.
- Consulting on special projects to clients.
- 5 years working experience in related disciplines in the oil & gas industry preferred.
- Experience in pore pressure & geomechanical data analysis, modelling, interpretation and prediction using core, borehole, stimulation and completion data for service providers and/or oil & gas operators.
- Experience with image log interpretation.
- Demonstrated success in working and interacting with integrated teams of specialists and external clients.
- Knowledge of Ikon Science software RokDoc, Jewel Suite, Techlog, Drillworks, and relevant industry practices.
- Some regional travel is expected.
- BSc Degree in Geology & Geophysics.
- Advanced degree (MSc or PhD) preferred in Geomechanics, Civil Engineering, or Petroleum/Reservoir Engineering.
- Knowledge of geomechanical principles and applications.
- Understanding of the mechanisms of overpressure.
- Understanding of regional and local (borehole) stress field relationships for heterogeneous media with possible faults/fractures in a variety of tectonic settings.
- Understanding of hydrocarbon maturation, overpressure generation and its impact on geomechanical characterization.
- Able to work in a team and work to a deadline while maintaining high quality work.
- Articulate, excellent communication and presentation skills with clients and managers.
- Creative and able to work independently.
- Possess excellent project and time management skills.