Ikon Science is a global provider of geopredictive and knowledge management software and solutions to optimize subsurface discovery and production. For over 20 years, Ikon’s dedicated service-minded teams have applied deep scientific expertise and technology innovation to help customers extract more actionable knowledge from sophisticated subsurface data. Ikon helps customers make the best moves – improving accessibility and accuracy, accelerating results and lowering costs.
With ofﬁces located around the world in including; London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro, Ikon services all major hydrocarbon geographies – delivering global solutions with local service and support. Award winning RokDoc® geopredictive software, Curate knowledge management software, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, and Roknowledge Studies make Ikon the proven partner for subsurface success.
About the role
- The IT Analyst will ensure the smooth running of all IT systems in the Americas and also be part of a team helping support the remote offices.
- The IT Analyst will also help with IT projects and look for opportunities for continuous improvement of IT systems.
- The IT Analyst will help oversee and administer Ikon's knowledge management solution, Curate (hosted in the cloud) and will work closely with the Information Security Management System (ISMS) Manager to help enforce ISO 27001 policies in the Americas
- Using remote access software to assist staff in resolving technical queries and issues.
- Problem diagnosis & fault resolution.
- Timely communication with staff, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Investigate connection issues and concerns for both Printing, and PC issues directly with staff.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be resolved within service levels.
- Ensure users have the necessary systems, tools and access to undertake their work.
- Ensure uptime for all network servers and IT systems.
- Monitor network for any security breaches and take remedial action to address these breaches.
- Monitor and maintain all system backups.
- The IT Analyst role will be responsible for ensuring that policies and associated requirements are complied with, within their area of responsibility and operation.
- Ensure smooth running of all key servers, services, PCs and mobile devices to internal staff and external customers.
- 3 Years experience in a similar IT support role.
- Experience of a client focused helpdesk environment.
- Experience in utilising remote management tools to diagnose, investigate and resolve faults (preferred but not essential).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Microsoft certifications such as MTA Networking Fundamentals; MCSA Windows Server; or MCSE Core infrastructure are desirable
- Understanding of basic network terminology e.g. network routing, IP addressing, basic DNS.
- Understanding hardware maintenance of cell phones, laptops, PCs, servers, firewalls and switches.
- PC and MAC experience.
- Active Directory and windows server (versions 2012-2019).
- Anti-virus, e.g. Sophos Central console.
- Administering firewalls, e.g. Dell SonicWALL.
- Office 365, Exchange email, MS Teams.
- Cloud technology- AWS/Azure - Desirable.
- Linux operating systems Centos, RedHat - Desirable.
- VMware - Desirable.
- Must be calm under pressure.
- Must have attention for detail.
- Good time management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to specific SLA’s, to prioritise and multitask.
- Excellent communication skills & telephone manner.
- Methodical with an aptitude for attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team as well as independently.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing demands.