Ikon Science, is a leading global geoscience technology company, with locations worldwide including London, Houston, Kuala Lumpur, Calgary and Rio de Janeiro. Ikon Science provides software & solutions to the energy industry – developing & delivering RokDoc® software, data management solutions iPoint, QI Solutions, GeoPressure and GeoMechanics Consultancy, & Roknowledge Studies, with a fresh & flexible scientific approach to create subsurface value.
About the role
Ikon Science is looking for a Senior Geoscientist who will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of quantitative seismic interpretation services as part of an integrated project workflow using our RokDoc technology.
- The Senior Geoscientist will be responsible for ensuring that policies and associated requirements are complied with, within their area of responsibility and operation.
- Working independently or as part of a team to complete projects to client requirements, to a high technical standard, whilst also working to tight deadlines.
- Project management, to include client interaction and a level of independence in completing project work.
- Delivering high quality presentations and reports to clients.
- Actively promoting and selling Ikon Science services and software.
- Assisting with the testing of Ikon Science software.
- Advanced Interpretation of well log data and interpretation for QI purposes.
- Maintenance of project database.
- Seismic analysis QC, conditioning and interpretation.
- Perform advanced Rock Physics analysis.
- Perform seismic inversion for reservoir characterisation.
- Conduct internal and external training courses.
- Mentor and guide junior staff.
- Onsite support and consultation to clients.
- Extensive experience as a geophysicist/interpreter, with strong geophysical knowledge and geological background.
- Extensive knowledge of theory and application of rock physics and seismic AVO
- Seismic data conditioning is essential.• Experience with seismic inversion process and other reservoir characterization technology.
• Understanding acoustic logs and log conditioning are essential.
• Strong background on seismic processing and awareness level of seismic data acquisition.
• Experience of carbonate and clastic plays is essential.
• Experience with unconventional reservoirs is advantageous.
• Knowledge of VSP processing and interpretation is advantageous.
• Awareness of Integrated Reservoir Modelling.
• SIM to Seis and 4D modelling.
• Geoprogramming and experience with Python is advantageous
- MSc (or higher) in Geosciences, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or any other analytical discipline.
- Working knowledge and understanding of: regional geology, geophysics, geostatistics, petrophysics and basic reservoir engineering concepts
- Experience and/or knowledge of seismic characterization of both conventional reservoirs and unconventional resource plays
- Extensive QI inversion experience
- Track record of technical papers will be taken into consideration.
- Knowledge of Ikon Science software, or, relevant industry equivalent software advantageous
- Self-motivated to manage time independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative and passionate
- Able to mentor/teach
This is a locally hired role based on local Malaysian terms and benefits.